I recognize that we have not yet even passed Halloween. But I’m certainly going to deck the damn halls in 2020. This year, I’m breaking out ALL of the holiday cheer starting meow. And it got me thinking about holiday shopping. I always start SUPER early because splitting our time between coasts has proven to have its challenges when it comes to gifts. I end up sending a lot to my parents or in-laws in advance, then once we land (a day or two before Christmas) I wrap like a crazy person. It forces me to be super organized and intentional with gift-giving but also can be super overwhelming.
So, if you’re anything like me and like to get a jump on holiday shopping, I thought I’d list out 10 great gift ideas for kids – all of which are items that we own and LOVE! Consider this Kelley’s First Gift Guide of 2020. More to come!
- For the Cleaner – we love this broom set (see it in use in the photo). We keep it at the beach house and Clyde has used it since he could walk. A definite must-have IMO.
- For the Artist – Tiny Easel! I recently discovered this brand through my mother-in-law and Clyde absolutely loves it. I am so impressed that he dove right in and asks to paint with it regularly! This mom-founded company is based in Maryland and you can get 10% off using code KELLEY
- For the Builder (Toddler) – Magnatiles are great for building and can keep kids busy for hours….literally hours. Highly recommend! Clyde loves to make little houses and has his figurines live in them…or garages and parks all of his cars…the list truly goes on.
- For the Builder (Baby) – I recently got these blocks for Arlo and he loves them! BTW Clyde loves them equally as much so its a win win. But they’re soft, big, and full of fun sensory surprises.
- For the Car Lover – This car wash has been a favorite gift by far and just keeps giving. Clyde plays with it almost daily. It’s super interactive and is less than $30!
- For the Sensory Seeker – kineticsand. I’m obsessed. Clyde’s obsessed. And I have to say, I much prefer playing with it over PlayDough. It doesn’t get hard or gross and it cleans up super easy. I let Clyde play in a baking dish to keep it all well contained.
- For the On-The-Go Kiddos – This scooter was one of the best gifts we have ever received. Every kid should have one. Period.
- For the Scientist & Nature Enthusiast – this was a quarantine activity that we did and Clyde loved. If you havent done it yet, I suggest you give it a go. The butterfly kit was a hit.
- For the Kid Who Doesn’t Sit Still – otherwise known as every kid ever. Trampoline. Just do it. My mother-in-law got Clyde one for his birthday in May and during quarantine, this was the worlds best thing ever.
- For the Outdoorsy Types – while this might not be seasonally appropriate for all, it is for us in California. We use this outdoor blanket frequently, I mean at least twice a week. Highly recommend.