Temps here in Silicon Valley are still in the 80’s so it’s hard to truly get into the fall spirit BUT there are a few things that get me there and here are a few:
- Bread Recipes. I feel like freshly baked bread goes with fall like peanut butter goes with jelly. Have you checked out this one? It’s a good one! Do you have one you love?? If so, send my way!
- The pumpkin patch. I can’t wait to take my basic photo at the pumpkin patch with my two kids. Ha! I’m kidding. It’ll probably be super hot, we’ll be avoiding all contact with people, and at least one of my children will be not happy with taking a photo. However, I will say that Clyde is SUPER excited for all things Halloween this year so I’m really looking forward to our morning at the pumpkin patch. PS. we had to make a reservation time slot so if you haven’t checked into that at your local pumpkin patch, it’s worth a bit of research!
- Fall Wine Deliveries. Since moving to Northern Cali and taking many the weekend trip to Napa, we have become winery members at several wineries and let me tell you, it is an amazing investment. Especially if there is a winery that you favor and it becomes your go-to. I’ll share all of my favorites with you tomorrow BUT in the meantime, I’m enjoying the perks of wine showing up to my doorstep this fall! (typically, most wineries have a spring shipment and fall shipment).
- A&F Jeans. Hold up, am I 16?! I know, I’m shocked too. I mean I havent thought about Abercrombie since I was in high school but I recently discovered this pair of jeans and I really like the ULTRA high waist. I kinda feel like they’re supposed to be worn with a crop top and chunky platforms and I’m over here enjoying the ultra high mom-tummy tuck high waist and rocking crocs … and dont forget my mom-backpack & lanyard with mask. I’m not sure that I was the consumer in mind during the creation of these jeans. haha. But whatevs, I love them.
- Drum Roll Please…..a new blender! I talked this week on my stories about how my Ninja Blender has totally failed after many years of use and lots of love. It had a good run. And I took the plunge this week and got a Vitamix. My husband told me that I got the Mercedes of blenders and he’s probably right….I mean the thing self cleans. WHAT?! Let me just say this – I use a blender EVERY day. So I felt like it was worth investing in just as you would a dishwasher or other kitchen appliance.