I’m starting this off in a way that might make some people cringe…”my therapist says” ha! But keep an open mind here. My therapist says that by starting the day off sharing (to yourself or a partner or loved one) 3-5 things that mean something to you or you’re grateful for, it starts the day off on a much more positive note. I tend to agree. It makes you fill your cup before you’ve had time to drain in. And sets the tone for the day.
I’ve decided I’m going to start sharing 5 things with you all weekly. Whether they’re something that I’m grateful for, something that inspires me, or a really good shopping find. My hope is that you too will find inspiration or gratitude within your own life as well. 2020, you can’t wear us down YET!
So, here we go:
- Being back in California and back into a groove of a routine has filled me with so much happiness. I didn’t realize how all over the place I felt, and my family felt, and truthfully how much we all needed routine and structure until we didn’t have it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like the wheels came off the wagon completely while on the East Coast. But they were in fact wobbly. Between family visitors, summer treats, and travel…well things got messy. Getting back on track gets us all feeling our best around the Gable household. I think the changing of the seasons helps to align everyone back on track, too.
- Clyde’s Preschool. You guys. I STRESSED over this non-stop. Like agonized over it. Do we send him? Do we keep him home? As someone who has high levels of anxiety, this was a toughy. But, we came to a decision to send Clyde to pre-school and now that he is back in school, it’s like a huge sigh of relief. He’s happy. Like really happy. He plays with friends, he’s learning, he’s thriving. And that is so amazing for him.
- Arlo is sitting up unassisted, loves food – like freaks if you take it away from him, and smiles at quite literally everything. He’s the happiest baby.
- This $28 t-shirt dress from Amazon. Great for this time of year when you just want to throw something easy on. Pair with jacket, sweater & sneakers.
- My lady vase, as I’m calling it. Also pictured here. It was a Homegoods fine. Gosh, I love Homegoods. I talked about it over the summer and styled it at our beach house. She definitely needs some foliage aka “hair” but ugh I just clicked with her. I will name her “Va-vassa” Get it?