To be completely honest, these came together because I was totally out of vanilla and was in a pinch to make our neighbors a treat as they had just lost their beloved dog after 17 years. Clyde had also grown to love their dog, Buddy, so we wanted to do something special for them.
So, insert Peanut Butter Crumble Cookies. No vanilla needed. No flour needed. Every bit delicious. Lots of peanut butter…yes, please. Oh, and something about making the hash marks on the tops is strangely satisfying. SO, something for all of your senses. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 2 dozen cookies // Prep Time: 5min // Bake Time: 11min
- 1 cup peanut butter (smooth)
- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat together peanut butter, sugar, egg, baking soda & salt. I used my Kitchen Aid.
- Using a cookie scoop, form dough into round balls. Make smooth with your hands by rolling them around. Using the lines of a fork, create hash marks. Sprinkle with a bit of sugar.
- Bake 11 minutes & let cool. Enjoy!