Ever feel like you’re in a rut when it comes to easy and quick meals during the week? Yea, I’ve been there. Especially when you’re running around all day, don’t have a meal prepped or planned, you’ve got hungry kids and limited time… welp, I’ve got your solution…enter Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos. This entire meal can be purchased at Trader Joe’s (a win in my book) and literally takes 30 minutes. WOO-HOO!
I casually posted this recipe on Instastories recently and it received all positive feedback – you guys loved it (yay)! And I loved seeing all of you make it at home. So it earned itself a permanent space right here on the blog.
Also, its about time I’ve posted something other than baked goods, right?! I should mention that I like to serve this with a side of Trader Joe’s Mexican street corn, roasted peppers & veggies, or cauliflower rice. Enjoy!
Serving Size: 4 // Prep Time: 5 minutes // Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 pieces of Chicken Breast sliced in halves to give you 4 in total. OR if you’re shopping at Trader Joe’s, you can purchase their thinly sliced chicken breast. Roughly 1 lb has 4 pieces so it takes one more step out of the game.
- 1 jar of Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde (or any salsa verde will do)
- Salt & Pepper
- Mexican Style shredded Cheese
- Sour Cream for topping
- Avocado / Guacamole for topping
- Shredded lettuce for topping
- Cilantro for topping
- Lime for topping
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice chicken breast in half and lay flat in pyrex dish, you should have 4 pieces thinly sliced.
- Season with salt & pepper lightly on all sides.
- Coat chicken breast with 1 jar of salsa verde and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven & top with cheese. Return to the oven for an additional 2 minutes to allow for the cheese to melt.
- Once chicken is done, slice thinly and add to tortillas.
- Top with sour cream, guac, lettuce, cilantro, and lime or any additional toppings of your choice.