Okay these needed to leave our house because they were THAT good and we basically ate the entire tray of brownies in one weekend. Embarrassing but true. No self control here. Also, in case you missed it in my last instagram post, we shared that we are expecting baby #2 so yea, the sugar cravings are real over here. Baby blog post (for those interested) coming soon…
These brownies have quickly become a regular request in our house because they are so good. Adding some fun decoration made them really cute and Clyde loved getting to add sprinkles and “taste-test” marshmallows! I swear anyway you can find to incorporate your kids in the kitchen is fun for all (albeit a bit messy).
I recommend saving this brownie recipe alone because trust me, you won’t regret it. I hope you guys enjoy this one as much as we did and also that everyone has a Happy (and safe) Halloween!
Serving Size: 12 brownies // Prep Time: 10 minutes // Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup salted melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted chocolate chips (I used Guittard because they are THE BEST)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (I used the remainder of the bag)
- 1 bag WHITE Wilton’s Candy Melts
- 1 bag large marshmallows
- 1 bag Wilton’s Candy Eyeballs
- 1 bag CHOCOLATE Wilton’s Candy Melts
- Sprinkles of your color preference
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Pour melted butter into large bowl and whisk in sugar until smooth. Add eggs one by one until smooth. Add in vanilla extract.
- Whisk in melted chocolate until completely combined.
- Stir in flour, cocoa powder, and salt until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and ensure even and smooth.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool before decorating.
- Ensure brownies are completely cool prior to decorating (let cool approx. 30 min)
- For ghosts: melt white candy in 30 second intervals until smooth. Layer a single marshmallow over a square of brownie and coat with melted candy so it drizzles down the sides. Add on candy eyeballs.
- For cousin IT: melt chocolate candy in 30 second intervals until smooth. Coat brownie with candy coating and sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles (or alternative color of your choice). Add candy eye balls.
- Allow to harden for 5-10 minutes.