HAPPY MUMMY DAY! Okay, Okay…so I’m not reinventing the wheel on these adorable Oreo Mummy cookies BUT what I will say is that they were super fun to make with Clyde and even more delicious. Plus, they make the best/most creative treat to bring to a Halloween party or playdate.
Clyde loved adding the eyeballs to the cookies and while he might’ve thought they were ghosts the majority of the time we were making them, they were still a fun holiday-themed treat to make together in the kitchen.
These may not be NEW to the internet, but they are new to our home which is why I’m sharing these easy-to-make (and eat) treats that you and your kiddos will enjoy!
Serving Size: 12 cookies // Prep Time: 5 minutes // Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Lay out one sheet of parchment paper (to be used as a drying surface)
- Melt Candy Melts in a glass bowl at 30 second intervals until completely melted. This is without a doubt a critical step in the process – do not burn the candy melts!
- Once melted, dip the Oreos one at a time in the candy using a fork and coat them completely. Shake off excess candy by using a knife or small spatula.
- Lay each Oreo on prepared parchment paper to harden/dry. Add your candy eye balls so that they set. Let stand 5-10 minutes until hardened.
- Whatever melted candy remains, scoop into a plastic baggy and cut a hole in one corner. Drizzle the candy over top of the Oreos to create a mummy effect.