Since Clyde was a baby, he’s called bananas “ba-bas” and I’ve never really corrected him because its too darn cute. So, we whipped up some of his favorite “ba-ba bread” recently and although I’ve shared this recipe WAY BACK WHEN on Instagram, I felt it worthy of a blog post as well.
Something about the changing of seasons makes baking all the bread feel right. The cooler temps, the leaves changing (albeit slowly here in Cali), and all of the holiday goodness coming up…just all of it warrants a good baked bread. And this one is no exception.
I’m happy to share that as an added bonus, this banana bead is is paleo-friendly and gluten-free. (just don’t add the chocolate chips if keeping to a paleo diet). But if not, then add away because they make this more of a dessert and yum, who doesn’t love a little chocolate chip?!?
Serving Size: 1 loaf // Prep Time: 10 minutes // Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp ghee (melted)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 3 overripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, baking soda & salt.
- In a separate bowl (I used my KitchenAid mixer), combine ghee and coconut sugar to cream together. Stir in eggs and banana.
- Combine dry ingredients to wet ingredients and combine.
- Pour into greased loaf pan (I used coconut oil) or prepared loaf pan using parchment paper.
- Bake for 60-65 min.