As you know, we LOVE going to our local Farmer’s Market on Sunday mornings. It is within walking distance from our house and we always find the best produce – everything from strawberries & blueberries to zucchini & spaghetti squash. I also love picking up local goodies like honey, freshly made guacamole, açaí bowls, pastas & breads & so much more!
Because I love the farmer’s market so, I decided I would do a series in which I’ll share a recipe made from my market haul that week. And to kick us off, this week I made a cucumber salad which is SO refreshing & easy to make. I keep it in the fridge for lunch throughout the week and occasionally even serve with some grilled chicken or add feta cheese to the mix. YUM!
When we first moved to California, we quickly made heading to the Farmer’s Market one of our favorite Sunday morning traditions. We love finding fresh produce & my son loves sampling just about everything!
Serving Size: 2-4 // Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 2 large cucumbers thinly spiraled (I prefer how the spiralized cucumbers looks however, you could easily slice these thinly as well.)
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbs granulated sugar
- 2 tbs fresh dill, minced
- Pinch of Salt
- Use a spiralizer to thinly spiralize your cucumbers into a medium bowl.
- Thinly slice red onion and add to cucumbers.
- In a small saucepan over high heat, pour in champagne vinegar & water. Stir in sugar and mix 5 minutes.
- Pour “dressing” over cucumbers & onions. Stir in dill.
- Cover with Saran Wrap and place in the refrigerator approx 1 hour. Serve chilled. Enjoy!