My husband rarely makes special requests for meals, he’s usually pretty easy going when it comes to me experimenting in the kitchen. He is, after all, my best taste-tester. However, there are a few times that he’ll put in a special request – deviled eggs, carrot cake, or chocolate chip cookies… to name a few that come to mind.
But another one that is noteworthy is pasta salad. Admittedly, my father-in-law makes an excellent version of pasta salad that includes shrimp (yum!) which mine doesn’t necessarily compare to however, this version is pretttttttty tasty and serves as a nice (& easy) side to a summer BBQ or gathering.
Looking for a crowd pleaser to your summer BBQ, picnic or event?? This pasta salad was easy to make and was super yummy! I originally made this at Easter this year however, this is one that you’ll be seeing from me time and time again this summer!
Serving Size: 6-8 // Prep Time: 20 minutes // Cook Time: 11 minutes
- 1 box (12 oz) elbow macaroni (I used Jovial to keep this gluten-free)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I used Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo)
- 1.5 tbs Dijon Mustard
- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 vine ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 tbs granulated sugar
- 1.2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- Parsley, to garnish
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Make your hardboiled eggs.
- While the pasta & eggs are cooking, chop all other ingredients: celery, tomato, pepper & onion and add to a large bowl. Add pasta & hardboiled eggs once finished.
- Add mayo, dijon mustard, sugar, vinegar, salt & pepper and mix all ingredients well.
- Garnish with parsley & serve!