I’ve made this salad (or a similar version of it) in years past for family and friends at BBQ’s at our beach house and it is always a hit. Something about the way peaches taste grilled just screams “SUMMER IS HERE!” and makes me so happy.
This year for Memorial Day Weekend, we went to a friend’s house for a BBQ. I was asked to bring a salad & dessert, both of which are right up my alley. We had just gone to the local Farmer’s Market and grabbed peaches & arugula so this salad came to mind immediately. The entire meal was delicious & we had a great time chatting, drinking wine & watching the kids play together. It was a lovely way to close out the long weekend.
This salad is summery, sweet & easy to make. I’m not sure what could be better! It really is the best side dish to kick off the warmer summer months.
Serving Size: 6-8 // Prep Time: 20 minutes // Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients & Directions for Salad:
- 4 ripe peaches to grill.
- To grill your peaches: slice peaches as desired & remove the pits. Lightly coat with 1 tbs olive oil. Spray grill to ensure they do not stick. Pre-heat to Medium-High heat. Once pre-heated, lay peaches on the grill and flip after 5 minutes. EASY!
- Baby Arugula
- I picked up a large bag from a local market. I would say roughly 6oz are needed.
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 cup candied pecans
- I made my own by coating 1 cup of pecans with 2-3 tbs of honey, bringing to a boil in a saucepan and sprinkling with sea salt. You could easily save yourself a step and buy candied pecans tho (which I recommend doing!)
Place arugula in a salad bowl and top with candied pecans, blueberries, grilled peaches, goat cheese & avocado. Toss with dressing (below) & serve.
Ingredients for Honey Vinaigrette:
- 3 tbs honey
- 2 tbs plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 pinches of sea salt
In a mason jar, mix all ingredients together for dressing. Pour over salad & Serve.