These sweet potato “buns” have served as bread for SO many occasions. And they can be topped SO many different ways depending on the time of day, or what you’re up for! In addition to the below, I also love topping with avocado (of course), or an almond butter/banana combo!
If ever I’m stumped on what to make for anytime of day (breakfast, lunch, or snack time) these sweet potato “snacks” make an appearance. My son & I both love them so its no wonder I reach for them on the regular.
Serving Size: 2 // Prep Time: 5 min // Cook Time: 25 min
- 1 large Japanese sweet potato
- 2-3 tbs roughly of almond butter (I prefer Trader Joe’s)
- Handful of fresh blueberries
- Cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Cut sweet potato lengthwise, lay slices flat on a pan covered with parchment paper. Spray each slice with avocado oil on both sides. Bake for 12minutes. Flip slices and bake for another 12-15min or until tender.
- Coat sweet potato slices with toppings of your choice, and in this case load up on the almond butter, layer with blueberries & sprinkle with cinnamon.