Remember when I told you I’m a huge fan of my crock pot?! Well I wasn’t lying…here’s another favorite slow cooker meal that we love to add to our weeknight rotation, especially as the weather gets warmer; because who doesn’t love pulled pork sammies on a spring/summer day?!
I typically swap out a bun for myself and I used sweet potato “buns” which are super easy to make (slice thin, lightly coat with avocado oil & salt and bake at 425 for 15min) and serve the same purpose for those going gluten-free or on the Whole 30!
It seems like we just skipped Spring here in Cali and moved straight into Summer.. so this recipe is perfect for a warm day! Pulled pork served with a side of French fries and fresh fruit and/or veggies – yum!
Serving Size: 4 // Prep Time: 20min // Total Time: 8.5hrs
- 1 4lb boneless pork shoulder
- 1 tbs paprika
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs dry ground mustard
- 2 tbs pink Himalayan salt
- 1 cup beef bone broth (I use this local version that is amazing!)
- 2 cups BBQ Sauce (I use this one which is Whole 30 approved)
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- Add pork shoulder to crock pot.
- In a small bowl, mix together paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, dry ground mustard, and salt until homogeneous.
- Coat pork with seasoning mixture.
- Add bone broth, bbq sauce & r sweet potato buns for whole 30 approved option!
Don’t forget your sides – I like to serve this one with sweet potato fries, fruit & roasted veggies!