Tacos should always be served on Tuesdays, in my opinion and this recipe is SO easy and delicious. First, you should know, I am a huge fan of crock pot meals. I love being able to dump a whole lot into my crock pot, set it, go about my day, and have dinner 98% done when 6pm rolls around. Especially with a toddler running around!
It truly isn’t Tuesday unless Tacos are served, with margaritas, of course…am I right?!?
Ingredients for the Pulled Pork:
- 2.5lbs Pork Shoulder
- 1.5 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2 tbs molasses
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
Directions for the Pulled Pork:
- Place pork in crock pot
- Rub garlic powder, thyme, sea salt, cinnamon, turmeric, molasses all over pork until completely covered.
- Pour in balsamic vinegar.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Once tender, pull apart with forks and serve with tortillas, guac, salsa verde, lime, and the BEST slaw ever … see below.
Ingredients for the Slaw:
- 1.5 cup shredded cabbage or bag of coleslaw mix
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tsp Trader Joe’s Seasoning Salt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Directions for the Slaw:
- Mix all ingredients.
- Add additional salt to taste if needed.
Top your tacos with the slaw in addition to other toppings and ENJOY!
Don’t forget to serve with some delicious margaritas!